Welcome Weight Loss Nation!
Today’s episode is a follow up after last week’s episode with Nicholas and Amanda Bayerle. We are in full swing with summer vacations, so that means you will have plenty of chances to completely get off track with your meals while traveling. So today, I wanted to give you some tips for dealing with eating out when you are traveling.
- Get a great water container and make sure you always carry water with you. Add lemon if you want. If you don’t like water, go with unsweetened iced tea.
- 2 eggs is always an easy option for breakfast. You can get them any way you like and add vegetables and salsa. You can also do egg whites. Denny’s and other breakfast restaurants are able to customize your eggs in this way.
- Applebees Restaurants have a Lighter Fare menu and they offer menu options that are under 500 calories. They have a menu item called “Pepper crusted sirloin steak” is delicious and has a good serving of vegetables.
- If you get stuck with a fast food option, you need to get a salad. If you can get to an Arby’s you can have the chef’s salad and it’s a great option. Get yourself some oil and vinegar to take with you, so you don’t have to use their high sugar, high fat dressings.
- Boston Market has a wonderful skinless rotisserie turkey entree. If you want chicken you can get the 1/4 chicken (do not eat the skin) with white meat. Pick 2 of these 3 sides – cucumber salad, fruit salad, or steamed vegetables.
- If you can find Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas), they are a fabulous snack. They have no sugar and tons of fiber.
- An avocado makes a great snack. They are good for you and have a lot of fiber.
Planning ahead will make a huge difference. Got a restaurant you are thinking of going to? Visit their website ahead of time and know what you can eat, so you won’t lose your will power when you arrive at the restaurant.
You can go on vacation and continue with a healthy lifestyle, regardless of your circumstances.
Want to become a member of Weight Loss Nation? Join the community at
If you are enjoying Weight Loss Nation, give us a Rating & Review! When you take the time to give us a R&R, it helps keeps Weight Loss Nation visible for other healthy living wannabe’s to find us!
Have an iPhone? Rate & Review us here: itunes.apple.com