Today is Concoction Friday Nation!
I have found a recipe on the internet for you……that I’m hoping you’ll like….It is called “Blueberry Glazed Salmon”
I didn’t think it sounded good either when I first read it….but…..it was easy, quick to make and…..it tasted Good!
Give it a try…..I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
1 Cup of Fresh Blueberries
5-6 Fresh Rosemary Leaves
1 TBLS of Raw, Organic Honey
1 TBLS of Balsamic Vinegar
2 tsp of Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
4 Wild Caught Salmon Fillets
1. In a small saucepan….add the blueberries, rosemary, honey, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and 1/2 tsp of salt.
Place over medium heat.
After it simmers, raise the heat a tad so it doesn’t “rapid boil.” Let it cook for 15 minutes. The blueberries will release it’s juices and the sauce will thicken.
2. Place an oven rack about 6″ from the broiler and put aluminum foil on a baking sheet.
3. Pat the Salmon Fillets dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle Salt & Pepper on both sides of each fillet.
4. Place the Salmon Fillets on the baking sheet (skin side down).
5. Brush a thin layer of the blueberry glaze on top of each fillet. Place the fillets under the broiler fro 3 minutes.
6. Brush an additional layer of blueberry glaze on the Salmon Fillets. Place back under the broiler for about 3-5 minutes.
You’ll know the fish is cooked when you place a fork into the fillet and it “Flakes”
Optional Side Dishes:
1 Cup of Black Rice
Steamed Broccoli with minced garlic & freshly squeezed lemon juice
Steamed Green Beans with freshly squeezed lemon juice
NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF BLUEBERRY GLAZED SALMON
Calories – 157
Total Fat – 4.1gm
Carbohydrates – 6.8gms
Fiber – .6gms
Protein – 23 gms
Interested in joining Weight Loss Nation?
Go to our website www.TheWeightLossNation.com
and check us out. I’d love to have you walk the journey with me!
Have a happy, healthy & peaceful week!