Welcome, Weight Loss Nation!
This week marks the 4th week since I started The Weight Loss Nation. I have been absolutely laser focused and making good choices. I have not fallen off the wagon once since I started. I am committed to making healthy choices and changing all of the bad habits I had gotten into over the years.
The best news is that I am no longer craving my favorite food……pizza! This makes me so happy! Instead, I am trying to eat whole foods – fruits and vegetables, lean meat and nothing packaged and processed.
Part of being successful is having small snacks on hand to eat at those times when I am so hungry that I would be tempted to make a poor choice. So, packaging snacks in small serving sizes and counting my calories is critical to my success.
In case you need some healthy snack ideas, I wanted to give you some options that are ALL under 60 calories! So you can snack when you are hungry without all the guilt and indulgence of your old snacks!
Here’s my go-to list:
SNACKS UNDER 60 CALORIES
- 2 large celery stalks = 13 calories, 1.2 grams fiber
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce = 18 calories, 1.4 grams fiber
- 1/2 cucumber = 20 calories, 1 gram fiber
- 1 medium tomato = 25 calories, 1.3 grams fiber
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas = 30 calories, 3.4 grams fiber
- 1 carrot = 30 calories, 2 grams fiber
- 1 peach = 37 calories, 1.6 grams fiber
- 1/2 grapefruit = 37 calories, 1.7 grams fiber
- 1 cup sliced strawberries = 50 calories, 2.5 grams fiber
- 1 cup watermelon pieces = 51 calories, 0.4 grams fiber
- 1 cup papaya pieces = 54 calories, 2.5 grams fiber
- 3/4 cup apricot halves = 55 calories, 2 grams fiber
- 1 cup cantaloupe cubes = 56 calories, 1.3 grams fiber
- 1 orange = 60 calories, 2.3 grams fiber
7 Cashews = 50 Calories
8 Almonds = 50 Calories
1 Table Spoon Peanuts = 50 Calories
5 Pecan Halves = 50 Calories
4 Walnut Halves = 52 Calories
Jell-O is basically made from water, sugar, and non-digestible gel. So sugar-free Jell-O is as “free” as it gets:
- 1 cup of Sugar-Free Jell-O (cherry, lime, strawberry-banana) = 20 calories
Not everyone goes for sugar-free Jell-O, but if you like it, you can jazz it up with 1/4 cup of any of the fruits listed above & add 20 calories.
Frozen Dessert Section
- Dreyers Whole Fruit Bars now called Outshine Snacks, No Sugar Added (strawberry, tangerine, and raspberry). 1 bar = 30 calories, 1 gram fiber. (Keep in mind that each bar has 2 grams of sugar alcohols which are sugar substitutes)
- Dole Fruit Juice Bars, No Sugar Added (strawberry, grape, and raspberry). 1 pop = 30 calories (each pop contains 2 grams of sugar alcohols).
Want to become a member of Weight Loss Nation? Join the community at
If you are enjoying Weight Loss Nation, give us a Rating & Review! When you take the time to give us a R&R, it helps keeps Weight Loss Nation visible for other healthy living wannabe’s to find us!
Have an iPhone? Rate & Review us here: itunes.apple.com